Built on top of a mobile food trailer, this is our version of a Nipa Hut. We live in Wyoming, which is thousands of miles away from the islands and thousands of feet above the sands of the Philippines. The winds in this area would easily topple a traditionally built nipa hut of just rope and bamboo, so we built on top of a solid food trailer where the walls and 2x4s will guard against the winds and the wheels and engine will drag the hut through the snow. This trailer formerly served as a Caribbean food truck in Colorado, but has now driven to another island and turned pinoy.
On December 8th, 2014 the Nipa Hut opened its first restaurant which is located on Cheyenne’s Air Force Base. It’s a small restaurant but we are very excited to take the next step from our food truck and provide meals for our troops in town. The Nipa Hut(F.E. Warren Base) will be open Monday – Friday 7AM-4PM. This schedule will allow Nipa Hut(Food Truck) to continue catering on the weekends and when the weather warms up, we will still be able to haul the truck around for Cheyenne events. We are very excited for this new chapter in the Nipa Hut story and can’t wait to share food and stories with you all.
Have your event catered by the Nipa Hut!
• Nipa Hut requires a minimum of 2 weeks notice prior to the event
• Nipa Hut is only available on Saturdays and Sundays, for the time being
• Only events that are within Cheyenne’s city limit
• Catered events are subject to a 15% service fee and 6% sales tax (catered events on FE Warren Base are sales tax exempt)
• All payments are due 24 hours before the event
• Menu suggestions are welcomed (not limited to what’s on the menu)
• Call Merelyn directly at 307-214-2865 (leave a message or the best time to call is weekends or after 4pm during the weekday)
• Mailing information: Nipa Hut, P.O. Box 20902, Cheyenne, WY. 82003
Contact us at 307-214-2865 or send us a message and we will be in contact ASAP.
Visited 629 times, 1 Visits today